POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QNAN - Error... : QNAN - Error... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  QNAN - Error...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 24 Mar 2006 10:56:38
Message: <442416b6$1@news.povray.org>
I've got a weird problem with POV-Ray and I/O...

What I do is write a series of floats and vectors to a file to save the
transformation of a sphere. I have a macro which gets called and checks if
the matrix is perpendicular and valid. The file is written after that check.

Nontheless, I get "1.#QNAN" in my file, which of course can't be read. The
problem doesn't appear all the time, seems to be slightly persistent when I
make no scene-changes, but generally, it happens right out of the blue. It's
a single file with which it happens, it runs properly on about 50 other file
(I'm using my Rolling-Script in conjunction with my particle system).

Any idea how to check if POV-Ray writes a QNAN instead of a value? I'm
stumped, because POV-Ray doesn't return warning messages or faults with
divide by zero or such. Why should it write a QNAN then?

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"